Saturday, July 31, 2010

Epiphany and New Orleans

Epiphany

I have spent the past week in the woodlands with my grandmother and aunt. It was fun to say the least! Since I was closer to Kemah I was able to go see the last KSBJ Booming by the Bay Concert series! I saw Superchick live which was AMAZING!( I will attach a few pictures when I upload them to my computer) I still prefer Seventh Day Slumber. Ever since the SDS concert I have been trying hard to make my walk match my talk. I say I am a Christian but it’s about time I actually started acting like it Temptation is everywhere I look. We each have our own things that tempt us. It might be chocolate or a bad habit. Mine is a habit. I don’t want to get into what it is but you want to know my story feel free to call me text me or email me and I’ll tell you all about it. Lately I have felt a lot of temptation due to stress and what not. I figured I would send Joseph from SDS a Facebook message. He knows a lot about temptation so I figured I would ask him how he deals with his temptation… I am still waiting on a reply

I recently re accepted Jesus fully into my heart and somehow I got in the mindset that meant I would no longer sin. Crazy right? I have been trying so hard this past week to be perfect and to no curse or show anger. Well to say the least it did not work. I ended up in an argument with my mom which is never fun. Last night when Madison, a very close friend of mine, called me. I don’t remember what she said but all the sudden it dawned on me! A true epiphany! I can’t be perfect. If I was perfect there would not have been a need to have Jesus sacrifice his life so I could have eternal life in himI had been spending the past week trying not to sin. I have been trying to be the “perfect Christian” By trying not to sin, which is impossible by the way; I was pushing Jesus back out of my life. It was like saying “I am perfect Jesus so what if you died for me I can do it myself” WHICH IS NOT TRUE! I cannot/ could not do anything without Jesus

New Orleans

I found out who I will be living with while I’m in New Orleans on my year of mission. I am super excited! I have found a few of them on Facebook however some of them have common names so there are like 6 or 7 choices of people to be friends with. That means I will have to wait till I know what network they are in or what they look like to send them a friend request I also found out that I will be serving the Lord during this time as a hospital chaplain! I will be working at the Jefferson Highway Campus. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing but I’m sure I will <3>I will be driving to New Orleans on the! I am so excited I can hardly wait

SDS LYRICS AND BIBLE VERSE

I also thought that the Lyrics to this SDS song were appropriate!

My Struggle

Must be some mistake
'Cause I'm not worth the price you paid.
With every passing hour
I convince myself that you saw something in me.
But I can hear them still,
As the whispers laced with hatred fill the room.
Guess I'm wasting my time
How could you love a man like me?

Lord I need your strength
'Cause I am weak and falling to my knees.
Who is on my side?
'Cause I can't tell my friends from enemies.
Filling up with pain.
Bitterness controls the air I breathe.
What am I fighting for?
Do you have a plan for me?

Must be some mistake
'Cause I'm not worth the price you paid.
With every passing hour,
I convince myself that you saw something in me.
But I can hear them still,
As the whispers laced with hatred fill the room.
Guess I'm wasting my time
How could you love a man like me?

Must be some mistake.
'Cause I'm not worth the price you paid

Phillippians 4:4-7

4-5Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!

6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment